Skyrim is a land of many interesting places to explore. From the bustling city of Windhelm, to the frozen tundra of Eastmarch, there’s always something new to see. But sometimes, you may find yourself in a place that you didn’t intend to go.
Maybe you took a wrong turn while exploring an abandoned mine, or maybe you were teleported there by a powerful magic spell. Whatever the case may be, if you find yourself in a custom destination that you don’t want to be in, here’s how to get rid of it.
How to Get Rid of Missions in "Skyrim" : Moving Around "Skyrim"
- Go to your Steam games Library
- Right-click on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Click “Manage” and then “Browse local files
- This will open the game’s installation directory in Windows Explorer
- Find the file named “SkyrimPrefs
- ini” and open it with a text editor such as Notepad++ or Microsoft WordPad
- Look for the following lines under the “[Launcher]” heading: 7
- bEnableFileSelection=1 8
- sSavePath= 9
- If you see a semicolon (;) at the beginning of either line, delete it and then save the file by pressing Ctrl+S or clicking File > Save in your text editor’s menu bar
Ini Q: How Do I Get Rid of the Custom Destination Skyrim
ini file? A: You can remove the custom destination Skyrim.ini file by uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it.
An INI file is a configuration file for computer applications. It consists of a series of sections, each section containing one or more parameters. The parameters are represented by name=value pairs.
The INI file format is very simple and easy to understand, and it is widely used in many applications. The name of an INI file typically ends with the .ini extension.
For example, the Windows operating system uses the win.ini file to store configuration information. INI files can be created and edited using any text editor, such as Notepad or WordPad. However, it is important to ensure that the text editor does not insert any unwanted characters, such as line breaks, into the file when saving it.
Ini File by Deleting It from Your Computer
An INI file is a configuration file used by Windows programs to initialize program settings. INI files are simple text files with a basic structure consisting of sections, properties, and values. Sections are denoted by [section] headers, and properties are specified as key=value pairs.
Comments can be added to INI files by using the semicolon ; character at the beginning of a line. You can remove an INI file from your computer by deleting it from the location where it is stored. When you delete an INI file, any settings that were contained in that file will be lost and cannot be recovered.
If you are unsure about which INI file to delete, you can try renaming it with a .bak extension first to backup the file, then deleting the original. Be sure not take any other actions with the INI file before deleting it, as this could result in data loss or corruption.
If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of custom destinations set up in your game of Skyrim. Chances are, you’ve also gotten tired of them and want to get rid of them. Here’s how:
1) Go to your Skyrim installation folder. This is usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\. 2) Inside that folder, look for the file named “SkyrimPrefs.ini”.
Right-click on it and select “Open With > Notepad” from the context menu. 3) In Notepad, press Ctrl+F and search for the following line: bEnableFileSelection=1
Change the “1” to a “0”, so it looks like this: bEnableFileSelection=0 4) Save the file and close Notepad.
5) Start up Skyrim and load your game. You should now be able to access the main menu without any custom destinations being set up!